Thursday, June 11, 2009

Mommy Thai Returns!

Click to read a related article from "Ivan About Town"

I didn't visit UP regularly at one time. But once, I visited a joint which was recommended by a friend. It was along Katipunan avenue in front of Balara. A small shack and I didn't remember any sign announcing its name.

Once inside, I saw an old lady wearing a "daster". Just like my lola's :) It seemed like an ordinary place until you notice that the old lady was reading a Thai magazine! Talk about subtle advertising. It convinced me that this was the real thing!

Anyway I ordered the "mixed" stuff which must have been worth 75 pesos only back then. I enjoyed it!

But my visits to UP were rare and I never got to see the place again. It's great to hear that she's back!

Shared via AddThis

No comments: