Saturday, May 03, 2008

Good Superhero Movie

Loved the Iron Man movie. A pleasant surprise that Robert Downey was perfect as Tony Stark. It was also nostalgic to see characters like Pepper Potts, Happy Hogan and Obadiah Stane. It has been years because I've even forgotten all about Obadiah.

I would rank this movie alongside Spiderman 1 and Batman Returns as the best superhero movie adaptations of the CGI era.

Some useless notes:

1. Pepper Potts wasn't really as hot as Gwyneth :) ... the way I remember her, she resembles the red headed chick in Six feet under (sorry but i'm not in the mood to look up her name on Google).
2. I can't remember "Rhodie" from the comicbooks
3. In the sixties comicbook edition, the setting was in VIetnam and not Afghanistan as shown in this movie (makes sense!)
4. I couldn't recall that the thing on his chest was installed to protect his heart (I have lousy memory!)


and last, but most important of all...were you able to spot Stan Lee in the movie?

No comments: