Wednesday, March 16, 2011

NBA 2K11 : Head and Shoulders Above the Competition


I wasn't a part of the PS2 generation. During my pursuit of a higher education, I had opted not to get a console in those years. I decided that I would just play games on my PC where I discovered Civilization II, III, and IV (which by the way are all excellent!).


NBA 2k11 was too hard to ignore though. Friends were posting about it and saw some videos on Facebook. The graphics really intrigued me and there were a lot of feedback on how good the gameplay was.


Four weeks ago, my wife gave me the go-ahead to get a PS3. And I can definitely say that this game was worth it. I got it on sale at EB Games here in Australia and I am really happy. The gameplay is much better than NBA Live! 08 by EA Sports (which I played on the PC) especially the action underneath the basket. In 2k11, the players have fluid movements... while in NBA Live, the players were stiff such that after a while you just got bored.


I also love the Game highlights during halftime and at the end because it feels very much like the NBA TV coverages in real life. The atmosphere during gameplay is also very lively and does a good job of capturing the feel of a real NBA stadium.


Overall, this is a solid buy and will provide hundreds of hours of entertainment for hardocre basketball fans. Good job by 2K Sports!

No comments: